11.15.2009

12 days 'til Thanksgiving

Today  during our family council I asked Scott if I could start a new family tradition. 
Being the cute man he his he agreed with out even knowing what it was he was getting himself into. 
Silly Man should have learned by now! 
Luck was on his side for once though. 
And now I would like to introduce you to our new family tradition......
Starting today we write at least one thing that we are thankful for on a piece of paper and put them in a jar.
Each day it has to be something different.
On Thanksgiving (or maybe after Pie Night) we sit down and read them out loud together.
Cheesy I know, and you probably already do something like this, but I'm looking forward to it.
When we actually have some little rugrats running around I'm planning on cutting out feathers from some construction paper that they can write/draw the things they are thankful for
and letting them tape them to a turkey cut out.  It doubles as decorations for the holidays! 
That actually sounds a bit more exciting, maybe I'll start it that way this year....

1 comment:

Mike said...

Found your blog - fun tradition! You guys have always done fun family things - I loved cousin camp back in the day. Look forward to seeing you guys soon--
-cousin Mike & Amber