11.17.2009

Center Piece Idea



My Mom and sister made these cute candy corn planters a few years ago for Halloween decorations.
I thought that this year I'd make them, but I'd change it up a bit so I could leave it out longer.
So instead of a candy corn pattern I'm going to use an indian corn pattern.

These are way easy to make.

1) First draw the lines around the pot separating the color sections.
2) Tape off the bottom section, the biggest tip I can share is to rip off little pieces of tape and line them up round the pot.
3)  Paint the bottom brown and let dry.
4) Repeat with the orange and white sections.

These planters come in various sizes and can be used many different ways.  I'm going to use the smaller ones as votives, some mediums as candy holders and I'll put some produce and leaves into others for decorations, and the larger ones I'm going to put some dark red mums in and stick outside.

No comments: