11.11.2009

Dear Mr. Fall Season,


     I would like to take a moment to say thanks for all your hard work. I know that you want to get home to the kids and the misses, but instead you've been working tiresomely ensuring a fun and well spent season for all.

     I have been enjoying the lovely "Indian Summer", the lovely bright vibrant colors on the leaves on the trees and on the ground. My favorite hot apple cider tastes the best when I'm all curled up next to my Mr. Scottie Hottie in our big chair by the window talking about our day. I've really enjoyed the extra time we've had watching the leaves shake in the wind and fall gentle to the ground. It's really made my short walk to work lots of fun also! I hope that I'm never too old to enjoy the satisfaction one gets when they feel leaves crinkle under their feet, hear the magic crinkle twinkle and even smell the earthly scent that only freshly crunched leaves have. Our little Harvey has been digging up a storm both in and out doors. He must love the crunching noise too! It's really cute to watch him at the park while he chases a leaf and eats it. He really loves the big leaves and has to have them placed around him just so.

     But all that enjoyment aside, how much longer are you planning on working this year? I am really starting to yearn for the colder weather. There's something magical in Mr. Winter Season's work that just captivates me. I'm missing the hopeful and sweet smell in the air that tells you of an incoming snow fall. I'm ready to fall completely and desperately in love with snowmen and snow angels. I'm ready to dance with Mr. Scottie Hottie in a pink night with snow falling all around us. I'm ready to see the trees take their yearly naps and to just stop and enjoy the majestic and simplistic beauty of the grays, whites, silvers, and blues of winter. I'm ready to start making hot chocolate with mint crisp ice cream mixed in it.

     What? You haven't tried it? Trust me, your first date night off surprise the misses! Grab a classic romance or holiday movie, pop some salty corn, mix up some creamy hot chocolate and add a scoop of minty ice cream. Kick the kids out, send them to bed, or sell them to the travelling circus and cuddle on the couch with Mrs. Fall. She'll love it, and she might even forgive you for work so late! But first you need to head home. So, please finish out you work, tie up the loose ends and take a well deserved vacation. I'll look forward to seeing you again, but please not until next year.

Sincerely Yours,

Mr. Scottie Hottie's Wife

1 comment:

the W* family said...

This makes me really miss fall in Flagstaff and winter. We get neither here.

I need to move me to Utah.

:)