1.07.2010

Journal Writings


I'm starting to keep a journal again. . .  and this time I'll stick to it!! 

I have had the opportunity to read a few of our ancestor's journals and while they where fun to read, they left me wondering more about the person and what their thoughts and feelings regarding the events they wrote about where. 

This time I've approached it thinking about what I would want the person reading my journal to know about me, what I thought, what I was going through, what I believed in. In the past I'd try to write down everything I did that day, and well sometime's reliving my day was to exhausting.

I found a really cute journal on etsy (my favorite place to window shop!). I love it, it's really girly and fancy looking (so not me, but it is!) and one of the best parts is that it is filled with unlined (is that a word?!?) paper!!

I love opening the pages and not having to confine my thoughts to pre planned lines, it almost limits my ablities to think. I love the endless possiblities each new fresh page offers and I love going back and looking at the finished page. I look at them and see me.

I've started to doodle in it, I've written down recipes, meal menus, schedules, and cleaning ideas.  I've also written down my hopes and dreams, uplifting quotes and spiritual thoughts along with the trials and blessings in my life.  Of course there are stories of the day, what silly thing I did (like when I left the sink filling up with water to grab the broom... not thinking I just started to sweep and before I knew it soapy water was spilling over the sink; at least it was easier to mop that day- true story) or cute things my Scottie says (like when he said that he needed a mom hug from my mom) and I can't forget the fun things Harvey does either (like when he ran circles for a good five minutes the other day and plop down dizzy)! 

Hopefully whoever gets to ready my journal will have a good laugh at least!

No comments: