1.19.2010

This morning the power was out for about an hour.

it. ruined. my. day.


yes i am a spoiled rotten stinker, i fully admit it


for the record and full admission, i cried a tear when it went out
and shouted for joy when it came back on

no shower (and well a shower is my "me space")

not enough hot water to do any cleaning, let alone power to vacuum

no lights

no music

no opening the fridge or freezer


it was an eye opener

we need a generator

i am dependent on electricity

i need that hot water for a shower

i need to clean (and i really do!)

i need light in my house

i need music playing

i need to open my fridge for no apparent reason
(or to make my shopping list for when the power is on again)

it's not a want, a thing i like (okay i love it)  it's a strong NEED...

i can't imagine what other women through history and those today who live without

they are stronger than me

i respect them

i love them

i want to hug each and everyone of them

i don't want to be them!

i like being spoiled

4 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Oh, don't you know that just when you have a plan, something like that happens...and you can do nothing...and then when you can do something, you have lost your umph to do anything! So thankful for electricity!

jentridon said...

Hey, think of it this way... those women in history had "back ups." They didn't have to worry about the lack of hot water for a shower, make a fire and heat your own. They didn't worry about opening the fridge door because they just had their stuff either in the cellar or an ice chest. They actually were less dependent on things because of it. As for the cleaning, it can always wait for another day. Next time the power goes out, give your long-lost roomie a call... I'm sure I can waste a few hours talking your ear off until it comes back on.

Nebraska Reed Family said...

I know what you mean Celeste. Living back here in Nebraska and having as much snow and cold as we have had here, I have thought so much about the pioneers and the sacrafices they made on our behalf. I can turn the heat on with the flick of a switch and the push of button for heat also...I would not have made a good pioneer...Yes, we are spoiled...Love ya gir.

Nicole Hunter said...

You are so funny! This made me smile. I don't know where I'd be without electricity.