5.10.2010

The first time I woke up today was to say goodbye to Mr. Scottie Hottie and to make his breakfast before went to work.  I kissed goodbye and handed him his morning smoothie watched him drive away and promptly crawled back into my comfy and warm bed.  Sorry but 4 am is way to early in the morning for me and no one wants to see me that early, in fact no one wants to see me at all the day that I do get up at 4 am.
Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that some people can get up before the sun, and those that enjoy it I say more power to them.  I just prefer to waking up with the warm sunshine on my face, birds tweeting outside, and the newspaper on the porch.  I seem to function better when that happens, it's like my batteries are being recharged in the morning sun before I get up and at it. 

Just to set the record straight I do know what it means to get up before the crack of dawn.  I use to attend early morning seminary during my high school years.  During my freshman and sophomore years we were living in Illinois and had to drive 30 minutes to get to the ward building where classes were held.  We would eat doughnuts and learn the gospel.  It was definitely a highlight in my bleak teenage life. After class was over the bunch of us would head off to three different high schools, but we all had a lift in our step and smile on our face.  It was important to learn the gospel, but it was just as important to see each other each day and know that we weren't alone in our beliefs.  We moved my junior and senior to Arizona where get again it seminary was only offered as early morning.  We were lucky and the drive was only 15 minutes or so to the ward building, there wasn't nearly as much doughnuts to be had, and there was a ton of us!  I loved watching all of us walk across the street to the high school, it looked like there was 200 or 300 hundred of us (and there just might have been!) and it was always a morning boost to see. 
I would actually wake up at 4 am for five or six years after graduating, only to roll over and fall back asleep.  Now it takes all I have to get up at the normal 5 am to see Mr. Scottie off (and then back to bed still).  It must be the comfy comforter that I have now days, it just seems to call me back into it's warm embrace until the sun calls out to me to come see her!

By the way, I'm not sleeping in to all hours of the day, I'm usually up between 7:30 and 8:30, whenever the sun is coming in our window.

2 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Oops...guess I should have offered some donuts on those van rides to seminary. But, heck Celeste...you got to get a glimpse of my interesting exhibitionist neighbor every morning...what compares to that!!! Maybe we should have encouraged HIM to sleep later!!

Luke, Katie, Maddy, Paige, Bailey and Hayden said...

you make me laugh celeste! :o)